CCAP Announces 2023 Officers and Awards Recipients at Annual Conference
News Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
CCAP elected their 2023 officers and presented seven county government awards during its 136th Annual Conference in Lancaster.
CCAP elected their 2023 officers and presented seven county government awards during its 136th Annual Conference and Trade Show in downtown Lancaster on August 7-10.
During the conference, members of the association elected Albert “Chip” Abramovic, Venango County commissioner, to be their 2023 president. Abramovic and other elected officers will begin their terms on January 1, 2023.
Other county officials elected to be leaders of CCAP include Michael Rivera, Berks County commissioner, first vice president; Sherene Hess, Indiana County commissioner, second vice president; and Julie Wheeler, York County commissioner, treasurer. Daryl Miller, Bradford County commissioner and current CCAP president, will serve as the Association’s board chair in 2023.
Elected as district representatives to the CCAP board were: District 1 Representative Tricia Durbin, Warren County Commissioner; District 2 Representative Dan Vogler, Lawrence County commissioner; District 3 Representative Randy Phiel, Adams County commissioner; District 4 Representative Preston Boop, Union County commissioner; District 5 Representative Ken Lawrence, Montgomery County commissioner; District 6 Representative Lori Vargo Heffner, Northampton County council member; and District 7 Representative Brian Smith, Wayne County commissioner. Those elected will also begin their terms on January 1, 2023.
CCAP also presented the following awards for excellence and commitment to county government.
- President’s Award: Christian Leinbach, Berks County commissioner
- Affiliate of the Year: Pennsylvania Association of County Administrators of Mental Health and Developmental Services
- Friend of County Government Award: John Sallade, CCAP Managing Director of Insurance Programs
- Technology and Innovation Award: Philip Walter, Adams County Chief Information Officer
- Outstanding Solicitor Award: Jack Purcell, Fayette County
- Outstanding Chief Clerk/Administrator Award: Lori Altman, Butler County
- Outstanding Commissioner/Council Member Award: Francis Weiderspahn, Crawford County commissioner