911 Organizational Development Administrator
- Position Summary
The Organizational Development Administrator will be responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly scheduling needs of the dispatch staff. The Organizational Development Administrator is tasked with assisting the Operations Managers with ensuring adequate floor coverage. The Organizational Development Administrator will serve as the subject matter expert on all items related to scheduling and its interactions with the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement).
The Organizational Development Administrator will manage the payroll by inputting appropriate PTO, FMLA, and other leaves into time tracking software; reviewing each timecard for accuracy and correcting duplicate or missed punches; approving the biweekly timecards; and communicating with members of the dispatch staff via email, phone, or in person to accomplish these items. When necessary, the Organizational Development Administrator will correspond with the county Payroll and/or Human Resources in furtherance of these responsibilities. In coordination with Human Resources, this position is responsible for tracking and maintaining various types of confidential information related to general attendance and compensation such as PTO, OT, FMLA, and LOAs.
The Organizational Development Administrator will work cohesively with the Training Department, Operations Managers, and the Deputy Director of Operations to design, create, track, revise, update, and maintain training processes/records as well policies associated with the 911 Dispatch Academy. This includes but is not limited to policy acknowledgements, required exams, specific achievements, positional/skillset signoffs, internal and external certifications (and re-certifications), continuing education, as well as registering/scheduling any individuals for required up-trainings or classes that are required.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter schedules of dispatchers, supervisor, and operations managers into scheduling software; using a combination of scheduling software and excel spreadsheets determine floor coverage and post overtime needs per CBA language and timelines
- Handle PTO requests as per CBA within the scheduling software; respond appropriately based on the CBA
- Create, track, and maintain a variety of tracking spreadsheets (OT, PTO, Training Hours, etc) and be able to run weekly/monthly/yearly reports as needed based on these
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Operations, Operations Managers, and Training Supervisors to plan trainings based on department needs
- Respond timely to correspondence from dispatchers
- Create schedules for new dispatchers in a shift rotation based on department needs
- Adjust Supervisor and Administration schedules as needed
- Develop shift-bid timeline, announce shifts bids, determine eligibility and make recommendation to operations team on shift bid awards and schedule changes
- Promptly manage changes to the schedule that occur for a variety of reasons including separations, skillset changes, shift bids, and for any planned or unplanned leaves (LOA, FMLA, Military, etc.)
- Follow the CBA as it pertains to overtime (OT), compensation for hours worked, and the approval of paid time off (PTO), etc.
- Verify attendance by reconciling scheduling software with time clock software.
- Track Certified Training Officer (CTO) hours trained, Double-Time (DT) and Holiday pay for the Payroll Supervisor and transmit in weekly emails
- Enter and monitor PTO, CTO Bonus Time, FMLA, STD, LOA, Military Time, and any unpaid leaves
- Review PTO accumulations and payroll edits for double verification; notify Payroll Supervisor on adjustments or errors that needed corrected
- Manage and maintain the scheduling software daily to ensure additional overtime not needed for minimum floor coverage is not awarded to dispatchers
- Notify Operations Managers of any dispatchers that have late time scans or have insufficient PTO balances to cover requested/used time
Training & Policy Responsibilities
- Design, create, track, revise, update, and maintain training records as needed in physical form, electronic form (county shared drive), or appropriate internet based database.Maintain databases or spreadsheets and complete registration and scheduling for any needed trainings as well as submitting certifications (or re-certification) information to appropriate vendor/provider
- Attend training scheduling meetings as scheduled to discuss departmental needs and scheduling possibilities based on staffing levels, CTO availability, & PTO
- Obtain CPR Instructor certification and serve as a CPR instructor for the 911 dispatch staff and any administrative/supervisory staff
- Serve as a member of the 911 Policy Committee and attend meetings, as necessary
- Assist HR with recruitment, tracking, and selection of candidates
- Participate in Information Session presentations
- Assist HR with Administering testing for potential candidates
- Serve as an interview panel member and provide feedback on potential candidates
- Participate in Labor Management meetings
- Participate in Labor Negotiations
- Assist Training Department, Quality Assurance, and the Operations team to manage accumulated records and documentation, both electronic and physical, to determine what must be retained, what can be archived, and what can be deleted/removed
- Assist with public education events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Essential Requirements
- Associates degree plus two years knowledge of payroll and scheduling management; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience with one year experience working in a 24/7 operation with minimal staffing standards preferred.
- General knowledge of military time
- General knowledge and understanding of a 24-hour operation, preferably in 911 Operations
- General knowledge and understanding of HR functions and metrics, preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of Training functions, metrics and scheduling, preferred
- Ability to work with, understand and interpret a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Ability to instruct and train new personnel on the scheduling system
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to make informative decisions
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, and work with software vendors
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Outlook Applications.
- Ability to use or be trained to use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and scheduling system.
- Ability to perform and or to check various mathematical computations using a calculator with and knowledge of intermediate arithmetic which involves calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers and decimals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to attend meetings and flex schedule as assigned/needed
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills and must process co-workers input, both positive and negative, in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain strong organizational skills
- Obtain and maintain any required certifications as