|To assist in the development and management of the County’s Human Resource function including implementing strategic processes for addressing County needs, hiring and selection, employee and labor relations, total compensation administration, training and budget utilization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Assists to develop strategic processes for addressing human resource needs of the County.
2. Consults with management and staff on human resource development and organizational development activities. Assists to identify issues or problems confronting organization. Offers intervention strategies to resolve operations barriers.
3. Evaluates effectiveness of Human Resource Department. Monitors departmental processes and procedures to ensure most effective, technology and customer-oriented services are being offered. Develops, implements, and monitors Human Resource Services standards and productivity.
4. Develops, implements, and evaluates proactive employee and labor relations activities.
5. Designs and implements County policies and procedures to ensure effective use of County resources. Communicates and interprets County policies, procedures and contracts to employees, supervisors and union representatives.
6. Develop and provide support to departments throughout the hiring/selection process.
7. Conducts human resource studies and advises management in accomplishing staffing levels, classifications, reorganizations, etc.
8. Analyze, design and develop internal systems, programs and processes to enhance the efficiency of the HR information area. Participates in and coordinates systems and procedures. Analyze requests for information to ascertain best method for compiling information.
9. Serves as internal consultant regarding human resource issues. Conducts training in partnership with other HR team members, in areas of responsibility and expertise.
10. Responsible recruitment of all County positions, retention and strategies to ensure success.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations or related field of study required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Five years working experience in Human Resource Services/Employee/Labor Relations, or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education/training.
• Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with several levels of government officials, agencies, private foundations, staff and general public.
• Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to work-related information and records.
• Must possess a willingness to travel as needed to carry out essential job duties.
• Must possess knowledge of human resource services strategy.
• Must possess knowledge of employee/labor relations and the ability to apply same to job duties.
• Must possess ability to design, organize, effectively present and evaluate human resource projects.